Monday, July 28, 2008

Cake Decorating

Cake decorating/making is one of my favorite hobbies. Here are some of the cakes I have done:


This one is one of my favorites, but unfortunately the good photos are corrupt. I made all the little flowers and such... They are edible!!! 


This is one of the "I threw this together for class" cakes. Not my best or favorite, but the roses turned out well. Roses are probably my favorite part of decorating!

This is the infamous Armadillo cake. I believe we named him Horton. Horton did not survive very long as he was eaten at a "1 year anniversary of dating" celebration. Yes, he was red and bled when you cut into him. (Reminiscent of the "Steel Magnolias" armadillo cake.)
Funny story... We had Horton in our fridge after the party. A couple days later one of our friends came over and was going to get a drink from the fridge when, "Ahhhh," she thought she saw a live dead creature in our fridge... Poor poor Horton.

(In case you're wondering... The head and feet were sculpted from fondant, an edible sticky dough like substance that dries hard. I wouldn't really recommend eating it, but you can!)


This one is one of my firsts and favorites. It reminds me of Dr. Seuss for some reason...


Recipes and decorating tips to come!!!

1 comment:

Anna M. said...

oh horton...what a great anniversary..i'm sort of bummed me and the boy will have to have "normal" cake at the wedding!