Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Simple Lunch that's healthy and tasty

This is a very simple lunch that takes about 10 minutes to make... Great if you work from home. It is also very healthy!

Chicken, Rice, and Vegetable... 

I use minute rice... About 1 cup rice, 1 cup water. That goes in the microwave for about 6 1/2 minutes. (Adjust time according to your microwave. You may want to stir it in the middle to make sure all the rice gets cooked thoroughly.)

Meanwhile, pull out a couple frozen/fresh chicken tenders (unbreaded) or a chicken breast. Put a little EVOO (Extra virgin olive oil) in your pan and let it heat up for a minute. Place your chicken on the pan. This is where you can get your variety... I keep a few different kinds of marinade (I purchase when they're on sale and when I have coupons). You can use a marinade or just some seasonings. Be creative... Onion powder, garlic powder, and herbs are great choices! Cook your chicken thoroughly (no pink in the center).

For the veggies... Pick whatever kind you like and heat it in the microwave or on the stove. 

Sometimes I keep each part separate and sometimes I mix it all together. You could throw the rice in the pan with the chicken and get it covered in the marinade or just set the chicken on top. 

I eat this meal A LOT... Probably too much actually, but it is healthy and I can change it up every day. Yum! 

No comments: